If you haven’t worked with an editor before, you may not have a clear idea of what we do.
Therefore, we offer a sample edit on a few pages of your own manuscript.
What will you get in a sample edit?
Your editor will correct 1,000 words from your manuscript. She’ll check your text for issues with grammar, spelling, punctuation and word choice.
- You’ll receive two versions.
- One version will show the text with the changes that the editor made. These will appear in a different color using Track Changes in Microsoft Word.
- The other version is the new, corrected version in which the changes are integrated.
You can immediately see what is needed to make your book error-free.
You’ll get useful insights on the common errors you make.
Further information about the sample edit
The sample edit costs $30/£30. We’ll refund you this amount when you proceed with a paid feedback or copyedit round with us.
* The sample edit will be done on 1,000 words from your text.
** To be eligible for a sample edit, your full book/text must be over 7,000 words.
*** The sample edit is not intended for school or study assignments. In case of doubt, we will ask for the full text.
To request a sample edit
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with as your subject “Sample Edit.”
- Attach a Word file with the text. This can be your whole book or text, or a chapter from the middle of the book.
- If you let us know the word count of your full manuscript, we’ll prepare a no-obligation quotation for you for our services.
- We’ll send you the payment details.
- After payment, you’ll receive the sample edit within two working days.
In the sample edit, we will correct your use of English. Would you also like a sample edit of our Feedback service? Let us know and we’ll add it at the same time (no extra costs).
Is your book ready for the next step toward publication?
If you think your book is ready for editing, or if you're not sure, email us a chapter from your manuscript and we'll let you know what the best next step would be. email@example.com. Prefer to call? Phone Ginny on (213) 325-5115.